Thursday, June 21, 2007



13 Observations and Discoveries

1. Zach likes to brush his own teeth. He'll let me help him for about 2 seconds.
2. I love hearing Zach say "Thanks Mom" and "Yelcome" in his 2 year old voice.
3. Eleanor needs my attention less when Zoe & Emily are around. She is content to watch them play when they don't include her.
4. Eleanor can swing all by herself! It was fun watching her & Emily swing outside together the other day when Zoe was at school.
5. Emily has a habit of dropping whatever she is holding onto the floor when she is done with it.
6. It doesn't matter how loud Kate is crying when I am busy, the kids will ignore her.
7. On the rare occasions that they do acknowledge Kate's cries, they pick her up and bring her to me...who is busy and does not want to hold her at that moment.
8. My children will eat chicken salad when I tell them it is tuna fish.
9. Kate is going through another "I want to be held ALL the time" phase.
10. Emily copies Zoe and Zach copies Eleanor.
11. Zach & Eleanor love to get lots of cards while playing Attack Uno while the rest of us are trying to get rid of our cards.
12. Zach is not fond of break time at the pool, and Eleanor takes her sweet ol' time getting out of the pool after the whistle blows.
13. If you look around at the objects in your home, it is fun to see who they remind you of and what memories and thoughts they bring to mind.

6 comments:

Kris said...

This reminded me that Savannah used to always bring me the baby when he was crying...as if I couldn't hear him, when actually I was hurrying to finish something before I picked him up... then I would have a baby who was screaming AND close to being dropped on his head AND trying to grab on to me! I tried to explain many times that this was not helpful. I guess she just couldn't take the crying! have a good day!

Dawn said...

You will be glad to have these memories someday!

I re-did the meme. Yep, I did.

Janae said...

It is so amazing to me how the kids can totally ignore the baby when they want to! Or, how they love to bring the baby to the mom and some VERY inconvenient times! Good 13!

Kristen said...

Those are some great observations!

Feisty and Care Bear refuse to let us help them brush their teeth, too. Makes me kind of nervous for their next dentist appointment. They are wayyyy too independent!

Phae-Jae said...

Great list!

You reminded my that the girls didn't brush their teeth before bed.

My girls or husband do not like Tuna..I'm the only one that does. So, maybe I should tell them it's Chicken Salad:D

Attack Uno is fun.

dawnae said...

Oh that kid copying thing is just so.....unfortunate....at least at my house. I think that they copy all the negative things! Spencer just loves to tease belle and then belle in turn loves to tease Rose! And on and on it goes! Love your discoveries...fun TT!