Thursday, June 14, 2007



Shannon from Rocks In My Dryer (host of Works for me Wednesday)had the "Mom I'm bored" edition last week (June 6th)...we all know we're going to hear that at some point this summer from our school-aged kids! I loved Shannon's idea of making a list of all the possible activities your children could do and post it on your fridge or somewhere visible. List boardgames, puzzles, toys, everything you have that they could do. When your kids get bored, you refer them to the list. If they look at the list and still claim there is NOTHING to do, then they get assigned a chore. :-) I made our list yesterday. I realized how well this list could work when I found games that I had forgotten about because they were hidden in the back of the closet...out of sight, out of mind.

So, here are 13 activities on our list of things to do when Zoe & Emily get the "I'm bored" syndrome this summer...

1. Twister
2. Charades
3. Paper Dolls
4. Play-Doh
5. Jenga
6. Battleship
7. Make jewelry
8. Doll House
9. Ride bikes
10. Madeline Dolls
11. Bubbles
12. Computers
13. Portable CD Players

There are also 117 other ideas listed for this "Mom I'm bored" edition. What a great resource we have!

FYI: Yesterday's picture was Eleanor

2 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

great idea! my girls need this, i'll have to check out the others.

loved your comments at my place today!

Janae said...

This is a great idea! We need to implement a list at our house also:)