Monday, August 07, 2006

What a day...

Zoe has had a rough time on Monday mornings for the past two Mondays. Last Monday was understandable since Emily was going to spend the night at my parents' house, so Zoe was jealous, but I don't know what the reason was this morning. By late morning, Zoe had disowned me. She said I wasn't her mother anymore, I was Emily's brat mother. She threatened to run away, which had Emily concerned, but I told her she would be missed and I continued on with the laundry. By early afternoon, Zoe was back to her happy, I love my family self, but what a challenging morning it was!

I love telling Eleanor it's Family Home Evening night because she gets VERY excited. Today she exclaimed, "yummy!" when I told her. To her, Family Home Evening = treat. Emily picked cupcakes for the treat. I wanted to feed Zach his cupcake, but he was having none of that! So, here he is feeding himself like the rest of us, but getting it everywhere except in his mouth, unlike the rest of us.

Well, Eleanor got it in her mouth, but not much got past her lips and teeth.

After we eat, the kids are banned from the kitchen until the floor is cleaned.

Zach needed to be entertained while the kitchen floor was being cleaned.

(sigh)Another successful Family Home evening accomplished.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Family Home evening sounds like a great idea. And seems to be successful for you! Doesn't look like fun cleaning the floors, though! :-)

Nettie said...

What cute cakey faces! And good job on doing FHE!

I had the same flooring in my kitchen in my last house, only with green diamonds. I loved the way it looked, but doesn't it feel like it always needs cleaning? I will never knowingly choose white flooring again!