Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What comes next?

Since I found out I am pregnant, I have been checking out the babycenter site to get an update on the development of our baby. You would think that by baby #5 I would have this all memorized by now, but I don't. I don't remember my babies in the past being compared to food so much, but our baby has grown from the size of a sesame seed, to a lentil bean, to a raspberry, to a kidney bean, to a grape, to a kumquat, to a fig, to a lime, to a jumbo shrimp, to a lemon, and now is the size of an avocado...at least for a couple more days. I must admit that I've become addicted to the knowledge of what food our baby will be compared to. Although I've delivered 4 babies, I'm a little nervous to find out what size food our baby will be compared to at 40 weeks. Getting a picture in my head of delivering a watermelon might put me over the edge and force me to opt for a c-section.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

LOL!! That's great. So, your baby is an avocado right now, huh? It's fun to picture in our minds what size they are. It makes it feel more real. :-)

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

rofl!! Dh and I totally thought that was so helarious both times I was pg. In fact, K was nicknamed Raspbaby in utero because of once comparison. too funny.