Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Delete hairdresser from my duties

Zach discovered the fun of playing "ring around the rosies" this morning. He did it over, and over, and over again with Eleanor. Luckily, Eleanor enjoyed it just as much as he did.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


Emily has wanted her hair cut for a few weeks now, so I decided to cut it this morning. I thought it wise to cut it myself and save some money, but now I'm wishing I would have paid money to have someone else cut it. I did a great job on the left side, but the right side doesn't look as good, and the back could use some more work. Emily wanted her hair shoulder length, but when I got done, it was chin length. Lucky for me, she likes it. By the end of the evening, Emily was tired of me looking and playing with her hair. I'm not sure if she's going to let me do some touch up work on it, maybe in a few days.


4 comments:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

It looks cute to me. My mom is famous for what we refer to as "roller coaster bangs". She'd even put tape across our bangs, in an effort to keep the cut straight. She ALWAYS cut the tape, too. Dh cuts his own hair, but refuses to cut K's. We pay around here.

Ashley Lasbury said...

I have been known to try to save a few bucks by cutting the kids hair. It was much easier with my son who has very curly hair that doesn't show the mistakes. My girls all have straight hair and they have received some funny "mommy" haircuts over time.

I think you did a great job. We are the only ones that see the little imperfections.

Cindy said...

It looks really cute. She looks great with shorter hair! I think you did a good job.

I gave up cutting the girl's hair. I could never get it completely even! Once I cut Myshel's hair and then had to pay to get it fixed. That's when I hung up my hairdresser apron!

I do cut the boys' though, when they'll let me.

Kristen said...

I think her hair looks adorable! You did a lot better job than I would have done. I won't touch my kids hair with scissors. Kristen+scissors+kids hair=disaster!

Zach is so cute doing ring around the rosy. My girls want to do that all the time. So much that I end up getting dizzy!