Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thinking about school

Zoe and Emily have had several toys go into timeout lately, so this afternoon Eleanor brings her Dora backpack out into the kitchen and puts it on the counter as she asks me if her backpack can go into timeout with Zoe and Emily's toys. She was very delighted when I told her she could. I guess she was tired of feeling left out.

The school shopping has officially begun. Zoe and Emily start school on September 5th. My mom and I took Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor shopping. We wanted to bring Eleanor because she gets so upset when she gets left behind, we figured she would be good, but we both banned her from our next shopping trip.

Emily had her last immunization shot this morning. We thought she was getting two, but she only needed one, so that was good news. Emily of course would have preferred no shots at all.
I brought some paperwork and her immunization record to her school to give to the receptionist. We were talking for a minute when a man that works at the school came into the office. He looked at the kids and then asked Eleanor if she was starting kindergarten. I thought he was joking around, we laughed. He asked Eleanor if she knew who her teacher was yet and Eleanor told him that mommy was her teacher. Then he looked at Emily and wondered if she was going into the 1st grade. The receptionist told him that Emily was going into kindergarten and the man couldn't believe it. He told Emily that she was very tall and most of the kindergarteners are Eleanor's size. I think they're bigger than Eleanor, but this just reminds us that Emily is going to be a tall girl. We should find out who Emily's teacher is going to be next week. Emily is very excited to start school!

After I read the kids a bedtime story this evening, Eleanor and Zach got out books of their own to read. It was cute when they were both reading to us.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

My girls like to get out their books and pretend they are reading for me, too. It's very cute.

I'm glad Emily is excited to start school. I have a neighbor girl who is starting kindergarten this year and is not looking forward to it at all. My Care Bear, who still has another year yet til she starts school, can't wait. She already pretends she has homework.