Sunday, June 10, 2012

The good outweighed the bad

It was a tough church morning and it didn't get better until the sacrament song was playing in sacrament meeting.  At this point, Kate was in the quiet room.  She was mad because she wanted to sit by her Grammie, but Eleanor and Zach were sitting by her.  Kate decided she was ready to go back into  sacrament meeting when I told her she could sit by her Grammie next Sunday.  I also promised her that she could ride to "Grammie's house" in Grammie's car.  The rest of sacrament meeting was delightful.  I loved watching Noah sit reverently with his arms folded, his head bowed, and his eyes closed as he waited for the prayer.  Zoe looked angelic as she sat on the stand with her eyes closed during the passing of the sacrament.  She gave a great talk about serving at Special Olympics.  Noah was so relaxed during the talks that he fell asleep.

When my kids were wound up in the morning, I wondered if it would be a wild day in Primary.  It turned out to be a pretty reverent day!  I taught the Sunbeam class and I thought it went well (except for Kate turning into a grump and refusing to participate.  She always has a hard time when I teach.).  Later on, Noah informed me that our smile/frown activity was SO BORING!  I chose to ignore his comment since the way he said it was SO CUTE!  

   

No comments: