Sunday, August 24, 2008

The weekend

Friday afternoon, my mom took Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor to her work party. I did some cleaning and organizing and enjoyed the quiet.

Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor ended up spending the night at my parents' home Friday night, so the quiet continued. Matt and I watched "Definitely, Maybe" after Zach and Kate went to bed.

Saturday morning was even quieter since Matt took Zach fishing and Kate and Noah took a nap. I did what I needed to get done for church today, and I got caught up on thank-you cards for the gifts that we have received for Noah and our family. It felt good to be so productive and I was so glad that I didn't wait until Saturday evening to work on church stuff!

I also made fliers to hang up at church today for a baby shower that I am giving for a mom in our branch who has 3 year old twin boys and she is due to have a girl in a couple of weeks. She moved into our branch a couple of months ago with her husband and boys, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to get to know her better and to get the sisters in our branch together.

Zach fell out of the canoe just before reaching the shore to head back home from fishing. He was wearing his life jacket, which did its job, so he is fine. He doesn't like to talk about it, but he is fine.

I took the kids swimming at the pool for an hour Saturday afternoon. It was such a beautiful day, which was nice since it was the last Saturday the pool will be open. The pool closes after free swim on Wednesday.

We had our Branch conference today. In Primary, we ran through our program that we will be doing the last Sunday of September. It went well and the Stake Primary leaders really enjoyed it. I love the Stake Primary Presidency we have now. Margaret Zwicker is the President and she was in the ward I grew up in. My mom is the 1st counselor. Cheryl Crabtree is the 2nd counselor and she was also in the ward I grew up in and she is funny, funny, funny! Patti Riggs is the secretary. She is in our branch and I got to know her well when we served together in the Young Women's presidency. So it was fun to see them all today!

Noah and I took a nap this afternoon. It was so nice to relax and get some sleep. Noah is back to sleep, but I am wide awake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job getting things done so efficiently! That's such a great feeling!