Sunday, August 03, 2008

Small World

I went to Mallory's wedding reception last night with Matt and Noah. We had a great time and enjoyed being with the Conner family as well as many members of our church family. I had no idea that I would meet in person 3 fellow bloggers, Selena, Ave, and Calandria, who are connected to the Conner family. Ave discovered my blog through Gabriela, and Calandria discovered my blog through Marilou's blog. It was fun to talk with these young women who already "knew" me through blogging. It is indeed a small world.

Our family started something new today. We'll call it "Paper Sunday". No dishes that need to be washed can be used on Sunday. Zoe suggested this last Sunday during Family Council. She was told to wash the dishes last Sunday and she protested by saying that we're not supposed to work on Sunday! True, but we insisted that she still needed to wash the dishes. Zoe got this idea from Patti, and it is a good one. We did pretty well today. Not perfect, but there were a lot less dishes to do today than usual. Zach was a bit resistant this morning when he was given a paper cup for his chocolate milk instead of his usual sippy cup, but he soon loved the idea of his "Sunday cup". We'd love any meal ideas that don't require dirtying any dishes to prepare. :-)

I set a new goal today to teach our children how to play the piano. The kids are excited about this goal, especially Zoe who has asked in the past to take piano lessons. We don't have a piano, but I think with the help of a keyboard and the piano at church or maybe even the piano at the school, we'll be off to a good start. Knowing how to play the piano is such a great skill to have, especially in our church, and I want our children to be able to serve with this skill throughout their lives. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Paper Sunday - I like it!

You are so good with goals, I'm sure the piano will be a fun one.

Ave said...

It was so fun meeting you! Now I will look for you if I ever get around to going to stake r.s. stuff! Good luck with the piano teaching, I wish I had stuck with it!

Cindy said...

Ok, you're totally going to laugh at what a small world it really is, because, we were at the temple Friday. Our youth were doing baptisms and Myshel commented that there was a wedding and all the girls thought the bride's dress was sooo pretty. Now I read your blog and realized that I knew that bride!!!! It's a very small world!

Janae said...

I love how small the blogging world really is! I ran into a fellow blogger I don't really know this morning on my walk...pretty funny!