Friday, August 29, 2008

Sunshine's Shower

The baby shower I hosted for Sunshine last night went very well. The kids and I went to church yesterday to decorate. I decorated, with some help from Zoe, and the kids played in the gym. Note to self: If you're going to put ribbon up when you're 18 month old is around, don't put it where she can reach it! It became a fun game for Kate to see how many pieces of ribbon she could tear down before I caught her. Not a fun game!

We had a great turn out last night and everyone brought yummy snacks to share. Judy made this cake, which was so cute.

I'm glad I planned the shower and it was a huge success, and I'm glad it's over. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Planning is fun. Having it is lots of fun. Having it done with is great.

I love that cake! How cute! Is Sunshine having another boy or a girl? (I'm assuming girl 'cause the sun was pink, but I didn't know if Judy just guessed or not.)

Janae said...

Sounds like the shower was a great success and now it's over:)
Very cute cake! How fun:)

dawnae said...

Glad your shower went good! It is always a relief when it is over! Cute cake.

Sammie-J said...

I totally feel your pain. It's a great idea when you think about it, but then you're wondering what you were thinking when it's all over with. But on a positive (nice) note, if does make you feel good when the whole this is over with and you can look back and realize what you did for this person. Good Job, sounds like it went over well and that cake is beautiful.

Kristy said...

Cute cake!! I can't believe all you do with a new baby!! You are amazing!