Thursday, August 14, 2008

I miss Matt

Flying solo is exhausting! It gets interesting at dinnertime when everyone is tired and hungry, including me, and Noah. We have made it to our movie time, the time we all look forward to. The kids are laying on their beds relaxing, watching "Cars" and I am ready to clean up the kitchen, but Noah is eating, so here I sit at the computer.

Highlights of the day...
1)Swim lessons

2)A stop at the Bangor library to return books. I sent Zoe and Emily in because I've decided we can't afford to sign out books from this library anymore because we're always getting our books back late, so we always owe fees. Plus, it's a pain to have to go to Bangor (a 30 minute trip there) just to return books.

3)The girls were thirsty, so we went through the drive-thru at McDonald's for water and a snack. We had a little picnic next to our car in the Goodwill parking lot before shopping.

4)We ended up school shopping at Goodwill because I wanted to drop off a bag of stuff we don't need anymore. Zoe found the most clothes, Emily looked, but didn't find as much, and Eleanor played with Zach. Eleanor ended up with 1 shirt because I found it for her and she liked it. Zoe found a cute shirt that she loves and she's planning on wearing it on the first day of school. It's a longer shirt that we're going to buy some leggings to wear with it. Emily has picked a shirt to wear for the first day of school, but it has a worn look to it, so I'm hoping she'll find a nicer shirt to wear. Eleanor could care less.
The question of the day at Goodwill was, "Are these all yours?" Three different people at different times asked me this question. They were all nice about it and they thought my kids were so sweet and adorable...did they notice several of them running around, under, and in the clothes? The kids are better behaved when we are in public, which is probably why we are out and about so much. It's nice to hear people say I have great kids because sometimes I focus more on their weaknesses than their strengths. They really are great kids.

5)We went swimming at the pool for about 45 minutes this afternoon. It was so much fun to watch everyone at the pool talking, laughing, and enjoying the summer day. I can't believe it's the middle of August already!

5 comments:

dawnae said...

I know what it is like flying solo in the evening. Since Allen works out of town he is only home two days out of the week. I was just complaining to him tonight on the phone there has to be an easier less stressful way to deal with the kids. Let me know if you come up with any good ideas!

Kris said...

Another busy day! I hope everything goes well while Matt is gone.

Sammie-J said...

Isn't there a Library in your town? I found out the other day that the new Brewer Library now charges for a card, if you don't live in that town. What a bummer!
We should start a new business. Netflix...with books instead of movies. Whatta ya think? ;)

Janae said...

Going solo is a definite challenge...especially at dinner time! Hang in there. It sounds like you guys had a really great day:)
That is so wonderful that the kids behave so nice in public. It would be so much easier to take everyone out if the kids were behaving. I obviously have not taught one of mine that because she is always out of control...no matter what;)

Dawn said...

Kristen is getting used to flying solo - it's hard, but she keeps it going pretty well.