Friday, August 01, 2008

My Community

I am so glad we chose to live where we are. I like being a part of our town, but I also like the fact that we live in the woods out of town. I like that we are able to stick together as a family more because the kids don't have easy access to their friends. I like that my kids consider their siblings as friends and they are content to play together. I like the teachers my kids have had in school. I like the principal, values, and standards that our school system has. I like the fact that our superintendent has moved on to a different school district and a new superintendent will be hired in the fall. I like our town manager. I like our town's newspaper. I like our free access to our town pool in the summer. I like how affordable the rec programs are and the variety of programs offered. I like that our library has a story time. I like that our librarian doesn't keep track of how long our books are signed out. I like the fact that a playgroup for my little ones is available to go to every Thursday (although I haven't been in awhile). I like seeing people I know when I'm in town, like today at the pool. I recognized a mom that I met at the park, a mom I met at playgroup, a few moms I have met at story time, and a mom who works at our community pharmacy that I see every so often when I need a prescription filled. I am blessed to live in such a great community!

2 comments:

Kris said...

That all sounds great - especially the town pool and no due dates on the library books! Wow. You live in a beautiful place.

Janae said...

I am so glad Noah had another good date night:)
You guys do live in a beautiful great place:) The library book thing would be great for me!