Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School is in the air

School starts a week from today. Eleanor made a countdown chain last week and she is excited to see it get smaller and smaller! Zoe went into her classroom yesterday to help her teacher, Mrs. Lalonde, organize the classroom. Zoe picked 3 tomatoes from their garden to bring home. While we were at the school, Emily got to see where her classroom is. The custodian unlocked the door for us, so Emily was able to walk around the room. Her teacher still has quite a bit of organizing to do before next Tuesday, so does Zoe's teacher. Eleanor met Mrs. Jones, who will be the art teacher for all 3 girls. When Eleanor saw Mrs. Jones a little later after meeting her she yelled, "Hi art teacher!" Mrs. Jones was telling me that she doesn't get to know the kindergarten kids as well as the 1st-4th graders because she doesn't see them as often, but I have a feeling she'll remember Eleanor.

We finished our school clothes shopping this evening with my mom. We focused on buying pants and we bought A LOT of them! Zoe also came home with a new church coat and shoes, Eleanor got some new crocs, Emily got a skirt, and Noah got a snowsuit. It was weird to see Zoe trying on Women's size 6 shoes and they fit!

We took our second and last summer trip to the movies this afternoon and saw "Wall-E". I was bored through most of it, and Zach got bored toward the end of it. I wondered if anyone was really enjoying the movie. Emily surprised me at the end when she asked, "Can we buy the movie when it comes out?" I just can't understand why she would want to see it again, but then again, I am talking about my movie girl here. The perfect job for Emily would be a movie critic because she loves watching movies!

6 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Joey,
I just got caught up on your blog - I have missed it (we were out of town for a while)
I loved the camping pictures! Next week will be so exciting, that is great that Eleanor is so excited she is counting down the days.

Dawn said...

School starts tomorrow here! Care Bear is very excited. She had an assessment today, but we don't know what that was all about. We do know that she read 4 books to her teacher. Then Feisty has an assessment tomorrow for preschool. I hope she gets into this one at CB's school, because then I'll only have the babies some afternoons while Kristen is working on her classes (all on line).

mindyluwho said...

School starts late there, I love it! Our schools started last Tuesday here and even though my kids are homeschooled, it still affects us because seminary has already started. Ah well, at least it gets us up and going!

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting that Eleanor is a kindergartener now! She'll love school.

I'm surprised you didn't like Wall-E. You're the first person I've heard a bad review from. I haven't seen it yet, but I've just heard good things.

Janae said...

I am trying to "catch up" on your blog:)
I really loved all the camping photos, the one of Zach is especially cute of him. It looks like they had a very fun time!
I love to hear about Eleanor and her excitement for things. Her personality reminds me so much of Vivi. I am sure Eleanor's art teacher will know her quickly:) so cute.
I totally agree with you on the Wall- E movie...I thought it was really far out there and extremely boring! I didn't have one kids that enjoyed that one. It seemed like they were trying to get out the message about "fat America" I left the theater bored and ready for a diet!
I am glad you got your shopping done the week before school started. It feels so good to have that job accomplished! Lexi is in a women's 6 and a 1/2 shoe...Lilli women's 5 and 1/2...very strange! These girls are growing up:)

Phae-Jae said...

I love the "Hi art teacher" from Eleanor:D Too cute.

Back to school time is fun.

We haven't seen Wall-e yet. I haven't heard of anyone REALLY liking it. We just need another Monsters Inc type movie...I LOVED that one.