Wednesday, August 27, 2008

5 more days of summer vacation

We had our last Summer trip to the library today. I'm not sure if it's going to be easier or harder taking the 3 youngest kids to the library and other places. I may have to begin our hibernation when school starts!

We went to our last free swim this afternoon. The pool closed this evening until next Summer. I'm glad it was a perfect swim day for the last day the pool will be open. Eleanor met her bus driver at the pool. Eleanor took right to her and felt very comfortable around her. Eleanor is one of those children that you are happy that she warms up to new people quickly, but also you worry about her because she is more likely to walk off with a stranger. Anyway, it was nice that she got to see what her bus driver looks like before she gets on the bus Tuesday.

We took Eleanor to her open house this evening at her school. Matt came with us for a little bit and then he had to go to church for meetings. Eleanor could have stayed in her classroom all night long! She played with the doll house for a long time, which was her favorite spot when Zoe was in Kindergarten and then when Emily was in Kindergarten). Kate bounced from one activity to the next and left messes to be picked up along the way. Zoe and Emily reminisced about their Kindergarten days and wished they were back in Kindergarten instead of going into their grades. Zach found a little play yellow duster, which he insisted was a magic wand. It was interesting to watch Eleanor in the classroom. She felt very comfortable and I think that's mostly because she has been in that room and seen her teacher many times. I have no worries about her starting school Tuesday. It took some doing, but I finally got the kids out of the classroom and we took a ride on the school bus. Then the kids played on the playground for awhile. I treated the kids to McDonald's, after going home to get money, and we brought the food home to eat. It was a very eventful day and I didn't hear a word from the kids after they fell into bed, exhausted! Even Noah seems to be more tired than usual for this time of night. He has been asleep on my chair for awhile now. I have been able to eat a snack, clean the bathroom, and now I am blogging. :-) I'm sure he'll wake up as soon as I go to bed, though.

4 comments:

Janae said...

Summer is definitely winding down. I am glad you had one last day at the pool. It sounds like Eleanor will be right at home in school. I am sure she is extremely excited! So cute!

Kris said...

The end of summer is so sad - the beginning of school is so exciting - it's bittersweet... I'm glad you are soaking up the last few days though!

Katie said...

That must be exciting for her to follow in her sisters footsteps. That's a bummer the pool closed already, is is getting cool there already?

Sammie-J said...

Wow, I can't believe summer is over. It seems like just yesterday you were blogging about the last day of school.
Hope you and your family have a nice Labor Day!