Saturday, May 05, 2007

This and That

Zoe made this May basket for me during Achievement night last month. She gave it to me on May 1st.


Emily and I had a night out last night (with Kate of course). Emily had her 6 year picture taken at Walmart and then we went over to the mall to have her ears pierced!

She was very brave and didn't cry at all, although she kept telling me how much it hurt! She likes her star earrings. We went to McDonalds to celebrate and to spend her gift card she got for her birthday.

Zoe brought me homework do to this weekend.

I sent in a note to Zoe's teacher to see if I could help her in any way here at home, so she called me to see if I would grade math papers. Sure. Now I have a new appreciation for neat penmanship! Zoe's teacher shared a joke with me that Zoe had told her...
Zoe: "My new name should be lightbulb."
Zoe's teacher, "Why is that?"
Zoe: "Because I'm so bright!"
Ha Ha Ha
Zoe's teacher has said more than once that she is going to miss Zoe and her sense of humor when the year is over.

I stood in a line this morning with Kate and some friends to get free tickets to go up to the observatory on the new bridge on May 19th. Each person could only get 2 tickets, so Matt and I will be going up with Kate (who we assume won't need a ticket).

My friends and I went for a walk along the waterfront before heading back to our families. It was fun!
Matt and the kids were home making a campsite..."Camp Bravo".


I made a spur of the moment decision to bring the kids to a children's fair. The fair is for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers to show that getting ready for school begins at birth. Here are the activities the kids enjoyed...


Blocks

Bubbles with Emily's current and Zoe's past Kindergarten teacher.

Coloring while watching a video about taking care of your teeth.

Eleanor played in the sand while the other kids listened to music and played instruments. It took Zach awhile to warm up to the music lady. She would try to get him to play different instruments, but he would just shake his head no. But he never took his eyes off her as she sang and played the guitar. He finally played the xylophone and held onto it until it was time to leave. He helped the music lady clean up before we left.


Eleanor ended at the puzzle table.

We brought home a bunch of balloons that I knew would cause someone to cry...and I was right. Eleanor wouldn't share the balloons with Zach, so I threatened to bring the balloons outside to float into the sky. Well Eleanor thought that sounded fun so she released her balloons into the sky herself...and cried when they didn't come back.

3 comments:

Janae said...

It sounds like a very busy but fun weekend! The fair sounded like a really fun idea and it looks like the kids had fun! It looks like Emily has her beautiful earrings. We have the same balloon problems at our house :)

Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun, productive, and busy couple of days!

dawnae said...

wow you guys are so busy!!! I need to do more with my kids....I admire you with such a little baby getting out there...I always use Rose as an excuse.