Thursday, May 03, 2007

It's your special day, Emily

First of all, here is an update to my Wordless Wednesday picture...it's really hard to post a picture and not talk about it! That is Zoe getting BACK into the tub when I was talking to a Sister missionary on the phone.distracted. She loved her bath!

Now onto today...HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY EMILY! Daddy woke you and Zoe up at 5:30 this morning, thinking it was 6:30 and we were late getting up. You came in and woke me up after I had just fallen back asleep from feeding Kate. I told you to go tell Daddy it was 5:30 not 6:30, but Daddy was already in the shower and you and Zoe were already up and getting ready, so I got up. This turned out to be a good thing because it gave you more time to open your card from Aunt Kris and her family, and to open Grandma and Grandpa's gifts before you left for school.

A flutophone set for your AG doll, Emily!

And a recital outfit! Here you are pretending your doll is playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for us. Fun!

You have been anxious for your birthday since Zoe's birthday in March. It is FINALLY here! Now Eleanor is saying, "Is it MY birthday yet...When is my birthday going start?...Is it 12 days yet?" Fortunately for her, she doesn't have to wait as long as you did. I used to get anxious for my birthday to arrive after my sister had her birthday in October and mine was in November, so I know how long that wait can be!

I have been busy cleaning this week to get ready for your friends to come over after school today. You are always asking to have a friend over to play, so you are excited that 4 of your friends are riding the bus home with you, although you wish more friends were coming. I know you'll have a great time playing and eating pizza, cupcakes, and ice cream. It's a sunny day. I suggested playing outside when you get home and having a picnic and you liked that idea. I do too!

There are last minute things to do before you get home and 3 of your siblings to tend to so I better go for now. Have a fun day at school. You weren't thrilled about going to school on your birthday, but you went anyway in a dress to celebrate this special day. See you later!

P.S. Say a prayer for Heather who is having brain surgery today to remove a tumor. And wish Grammie & Grampie a Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I'm glad it's a sunny day and it sounds like so much fun to have your friends come home with you for your party. have a great day!

April said...

Happy birthday Emily!

Maybe it's a good thing my girls birthdays are November 19 and 20.

Phae-Jae said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

dawnae said...

happy birthday Emily...I still remember my 6th birthday and what I wore...if you can believe that!!!

Janae said...

Happy, happy Birthday Emily! We hope your day is great! Your cousins have been working on a card and their mother is messing up with the mailing! Have fun at your party!