Tuesday, May 29, 2007

First day of work

It's a new day, a new work week, and Matt is self-employed...again. He moved into his new office this past weekend. He is sharing office space with another attorney. We have been thinking about this self-employment for a few weeks now and we are both excited and feeling good about this decision. We learned a lot of what not to do from his last self-employment so we are starting out wiser this time and Matt has a lot more cases to start with. Part of the plan is for me to keep track of Matt's hours and to do the billing. So my first day of work starts this evening...after I go over to my Mom's for a Visiting Teaching night with the gals in our area. I'm sure I'll be holding a crying Kate or a sleeping Kate or feeding Kate while I work, so it will be challenging, but the result of getting paid from my work (and Matt's work too of course) will motivate me to do it!

6 comments:

Kris said...

That is so exciting! Good luck to both of you on your new "jobs"!!

dawnae said...

Good luck to both of you...challenging but very rewarding...hope you guys will do very well!

Lei said...

Best of luck!!!

Phae-Jae said...

Hope all goes well!!

Dawn said...

Congratulations on being "gainfully" employed, as they say!

Kev and I finally both finished our story up to this point in time.

Janae said...

That's great! I hope all goes really well :)