Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wow!

The Penobscot Narrows Observatory opened today. Matt, Kate, and I were one of the first 1000 people to go up. We took a bus from the high school to the observatory. Kate was very excited! She's thinking she'll probably be the youngest person to go up today.

Here's the entrance to the observatory.

And here's the top half.

It's a long way up, are we sure we want to do this?

Yes! The views are worth it...even on a cloudy day. At least Kate and I thought so. Here we are chillin', enjoying the views.

And here's Matt feeling not so comfortable.

Here is a shot of the bridge and the other pylon.

The town of Bucksport.

Verso mill.

Bucksport/Orland with the Verona Island bridge in sight.

Penobscot Narrows.

I would go back up in a heartbeat. It will be awhile before Matt goes up again...maybe never. I'm glad we were able to take this free ride up on opening day together.

6 comments:

Janae said...

This is really looks like an awesome place to be. The views from the pictures are amazing. I can only imagine how great it is to see in person!

dawnae said...

Wow what a view! You are so lucky, I am sure that the photos don't do the view justice! That baby is just getting too cute, chubby and squeezable!!!!

Phae-Jae said...

Yikes, that is a little high for me. I'd do it once.

Kate is a beauty!!

Dawn said...

I think I'm with Matt on this one! I wish I had the courage, though, because the view is awesome. Kate seemed to really enjoy it - hope she remembers it;-)

momofalltrades said...

That is seriously cool. How fun! Little Kate is a DOLL!

LaRae said...

What beautiful country! One day I might get to see Maine! At least I got a glimpse from your pictures. The picture of Kate is so very cute!