Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lovin' it!

I put our hummingbird feeder out a week or so ago and a hummingbird found it yesterday. I was worried that it was too close to the house and no hummingbird would find it. I was SO EXCITED when I saw the hummingbird. I have the perfect view of the feeder from my chair at the computer, so I saw it while I was blogging. I guess this gives me an excuse to blog more so I can do more hummingbird watching.

It's a male ruby throated hummingbird and it is beautiful! Here's a picture I got from hummingbirds.net.


The past few years I have had our feeder out, but I would only see a hummingbird occasionally. But this hummingbird that came yesterday seems to be sticking around. We saw him all afternoon yesterday, Matt saw him in the evening, and he is back again this morning. I am lovin' it!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

That is so cool! I love their little tiny wings, that move almost too fast to see. Blog more. We'll all appreciate the little guy for inspiring you to do it.

Rachelle said...

Oh hummingbirds! So cool!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Ilove hummingbirds. They remind me of my grandma.