Saturday, October 01, 2011

A Rainy Conference Day

Emily & Eleanor played soccer in the rain today. Emily ended up playing 2 games since one of the teams in the early game didn't have enough players.

Zoe ran in a mile fun run in the rain. Zoe came in 2nd during the fun run. A boy named Alex came in 1st, so Zoe was the first girl to finish. :-) Now the middle school track coaches are trying to convince her to do track instead of softball this spring.

I sold goodies in the rain ( I have permission to go buy a tent with the soccer league's money, but I have yet to do it). There is a Mom that has offered to let me use her tent, but she was out of town today. I put all the food in the back of the yukon to sell from there when it started to get too wet. Emily played in the game before her game since one of the teams didn't have enough players.

The kids & I went over to my parents' house this afternoon to watch General Conference. Matt stayed home during the first session to work on the house while he listened to conference on his ipod. He came over to my parents' house for the second session. After Matt & my Dad left for the Priesthood potluck/conference session, the rest of us cleaned up and then my Mom & I played Phase 10.

Kate & Noah stayed over with my parents last night. My Mom took Kate & Noah to the Maine Jump this morning where they were making a commercial. We're anxious to see if Kate & Noah are in it! It won't matter to them, they just had fun!

Eleanor & Zach were invited to stay over with my parents tonight. At the end of the evening, my Mom told Zoe & Emily that if they washed the dishes, she would let them stay, too. They were very willing to do the dishes! So, Matt & I will just have Kate & Noah here with us in the morning until conference starts again. :-)

1 comment:

Kris said...

It sounds like you were all good sports about the rainy day. I like the mummy pizza, that's cool! and good job Zoe on the fun run!!