Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'll Be Back

Kate, Noah, & I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up a few things, including a pair of jeans for Noah. Noah is following in his siblings' footsteps when it comes to clothes. ALL of my kids at the age of 2 decide that they are going to wear what they want to wear. It's not a battle I need to fight, so they wear what they want to wear most of the time. It doesn't bother me to be out in public with a mismatched child or a child with shoes on the wrong feet. They are happy, my clothes match and my shoes are on the right feet, and from experience, I know that their style will improve (although mismatched socks are IN right now) and they will figure out the shoes. Noah has 2 pairs of jeans that he LOVES. He has a drawer full of pants, but he will only wear these 2 pairs of jeans. Well, the "little jeans" (these are a size smaller than the "big jeans") developed holes in both of the knees, so I got rid of them. Noah was happy to wear the "big jeans" every day, but they were a bit too big and they were known to fall down to his ankles in public. Not acceptable. Plus, they were getting a hole in the knee. It was time to buy new jeans for Noah and get rid of every other pair of pants that he owns because he is not going to wear them. Walmart had tons of elastic waist jeans, which I was willing to buy, but that was not okay with Noah. Those are baby jeans. He wanted big kid jeans with a button on the front. I do believe I was close to becoming a teenager before I was super picky about the clothes I wore! I found one pair of jeans with a button and thanks to the adjustable waist, they fit. :-) Noah is happy with his new pair of jeans and after we find him another pair, I will get rid of his "big jeans". Most of his other pants are now at Goodwill.
Kate wanted to get something as well, so she picked out this super cute hat.


We went to the park and picked up my parents from the airport after our shopping trip. We are happy to have them home again. :-)

Noah helped me in the garden yesterday afternoon. He was a great helper and he loved it! We pulled up the carrots. We have tons of carrots! This picture shows half of what we have.

This is the best carrot crop we have ever had. Noah wanted to work in the garden today, but we didn't have time. We'll get back out there next week.

I am heading to Rochester, NY tomorrow afternoon with Patti, my Aunt Tonia, and my Grandmother for Time Out For Women. We are all so excited! We are staying in Worcester tomorrow night, then we're going to the Palmyra Temple early Friday afternoon and then we'll drive to Rochester after that. We are staying downtown, right close to where TOFW will be, so that should be an adventure! We'll head back to Worcester Saturday evening to spend the night and then we'll go to Sacrament meeting in Worcester Sunday morning before heading home. I am looking forward to this time out!

Matt will have his own adventure at home with the kids. Sunday is Branch Conference, but he'll have my parents here to help him. They will also help him on Saturday, so he can work on the house.

I met with Zach's teacher yesterday. Zach is doing great in 1st grade and Ms. Murauckas thinks he is wonderful! I was impressed with Zach the other day because while Eleanor was reading out loud for her homework, Zach went and got a book to read himself. This is the second time that I have seen Zach show an interest in reading. The first time was last week at Cub Scouts when he brought "Harold and the Purple Crayon" into the church because he discovered in the car that he could read it. It was cute to see Zach reading to President Dauk that night. He was so proud of the reading he did and he should be because he is doing great! He does great stretching words and sounding them out. He has never liked being read to, but maybe he will love to read by himself.

I am grateful that Zach & I were not involved in an accident this afternoon. A bus stopped to let us cross the street in the crosswalk when a young man in a car passed the bus and went speeding past us. We were just about to step past the bus when the car went by. I am so grateful we are watched over!

I met with Zoe's teachers this afternoon. It was my first time meeting with 3 teachers at once instead of one. Zoe is doing great as well! Her teachers say that she is a hard worker, she understands the class work and if she doesn't then she asks about it, and she is a pleasure to be around. She likes to get as much of her homework done at school that she can, which is nice. She hasn't had too much homework yet because of testing, but I'm sure that will change soon.

Zoe & I went to our meetings at church this evening. In Young Women's, they played games. For Cub Scouts, we had our pack meeting. Awards were given out and then the boys carved pumpkins. They had fun!

Zoe & I were hoping to eat dinner at Friendly's, but they have closed! Matt had told us that Friendly's went bankrupt, but I was hoping to make it there one more time before they closed. It was so sad to drive by and see the restaurant dark, empty, and abandoned. So, so sad. We went to Denny's instead. I now know what NOT to get at Denny's. I miss Friendly's.

I'll write again on Monday. TOFW...here I come! Matt, Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, Zach, Kate, & Noah...I will miss you!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Have a wonderful time, Joey! That sounds great. I'm so glad you get to go. I'm sure everyone will be excited to see you when you get back, too! :)

That was scary about the bus/car/crosswalk - I'm glad you were OK too. Wow. Oh, and I can't believe Friendly's closed! You guys went there a lot. I used to like going there in RI too. Sad.

The house is looking great - I'm glad everyone is doing so well in school and Noah has some pants he'll wear :) Finn only likes to wear "fuzzy pants" (fleece) right now... no concerns about baby pants for him. They are so funny.

Have a great trip!!!