While the house building was going on Saturday outside, I was getting ready for the Harvest Party at church. I made a creamy carrot soup, which I had never made before. I wanted to use up some of our carrots, so carrot soup seemed like the perfect soup to bring. Kate tried some at the party and she said it tasted like Sunshine & Flowers. It was easy to make and super yummy! Here is the recipe.
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 4 1/2 cups sliced carrots
* 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Add carrots, potato, broth and ginger. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool for 15 minutes.
2. Transfer to a blender or food processor in small batches; cover and process until smooth. Return all to the pan; stir in the cream, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through.