Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oops!

I was so busy yesterday taking Kate & Noah to the children's museum, taking them to Burger King for lunch, stopping at the grocery store, stopping at home to pick up Zoe's soccer uniform for her to turn in at her soccer pizza party after school, picking up the kids from school, making a bean dip for our Relief Society International cooking night, and putting together my cub scout meeting (we talked about taking care of a minor cut and we played a game of marbles) that I completely forgot about my parent/teacher conference with Eleanor's teacher, Mrs. Gail Wight. Usually if something is on the calendar, which this conference was, then it gets scheduled into my day. I never looked at the calendar yesterday, I thought I had everything covered. Wrong! We rescheduled for today and I will remember today. I will also remember to bring Zoe to Young Women's tonight. The kids and I are going to play in the gym while we wait for her. That is all for today and I know that because I looked at the calendar. I guess that needs to become a morning habit for me now!

Here are a few pictures from the museum. Kate & Noah painted, which they loved! They used glow in the dark paint, but they mixed it in with the regular paint, so it doesn't show up very well. The spot that Noah used with just glow in the dark paint shows up very well.



The museum is changing their 3rd floor to a fitness theme. Kate & Noah practiced jumping at this station.

First, you get your fingertips wet.

Then you jump and touch the paper and see where your mark is. The kids jumped and jumped and jumped.

There is also a snowboarding station. None of us are good at it!

There is also a hang glider station, but it isn't open yet.

We were hungry after all that exercising! Here is Kate looking cute and silly at Burger King.

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

I cannot imagine how you forgot! :) Your days sound about like mine...crazy from start to finish! I'm always so grateful at the end of the day that our bodies need to rest so I don't just have to keep going at that speed!

Mal said...

That fitness theme is a cool idea. The jumping station=brilliant.

Kris said...

Kate does look cute and silly. I am amazed at all of the house progress (a few posts down) - Matt must be working full time on it!! And I'm so glad you had a great time out for women, that sounds so wonderful.