Thursday, September 30, 2010

What's going on...

besides soccer? Here are some pictures that a friend took at Zoe's and Emily's last rec game. I'm beginning to think I need a better camera. Look at these great shots! Zoe is #14 and Emily is #24.





The ref here is Zoe's middle school coach. He runs the rec league.
Zoe scoring another goal. She scored 5 goals during a game a few weeks ago, and she scored 3 goals during this game. Emily scored a goal a few weeks ago, too.




I'm back in a decluttering/organizing mood now that the weather is cooler and wet. I noticed Eleanor's artwork the other day and realized that I haven't posted her pictures yet. So, here they are. The first 2 pictures are of her art folder.







Well done, Eleanor!

I took a break from decluttering today and took Kate and Noah to the children's museum. Kate LOVES the museum. It just brightens her day when I tell her we are going there. Noah was delighted to "drive" at the museum today!




After the museum, we went to lunch at Governor's with my mom. Our favorite waitress, Kathy waited on us when Zoe was Kate's age. Kathy just can't believe how much Kate looks like Zoe. She said it's like Deja vu having us there with Kate.

We had a family dinner tonight. That really is big news because it hasn't happened in a long time, unfortunately. We are home together a lot, but Matt and I have been eating our diet food and the kids are left to fend for themselves. Matt made chicken fajitas this evening and we all sat down together and ate the same food and talked. It was so nice! It wasn't perfect by any means with plates being played with during the prayer and very loud voices and many voices talking at once, but it was still nice. Zoe came up with a great idea to talk about what everyone is going to be for Halloween. Zoe thought it would be neat for us to have a family theme, which I think is a great idea. In fact, I've suggested it before, but the kids have always wanted to do their own thing. So, I'm excited that we have come up with a coordinated idea...which I'm not going to reveal until later on in the month. Stay tuned!

So, back to the diets. Matt is still doing the South Beach Diet and he is doing great! He has a goal weight in mind and he continues to make progress toward that goal. I did a 4 week round of The Game On Diet with a group of friends and lost 5.8 pounds. WOOHOO! I'm gaining it all back now that we are taking a week off, but I know it won't stick around for long.

Zoe came home last Friday saying it was her best day ever! She received 2 different compliments that day from teachers and she loved it. She was told she takes the best notes in her math class, so the teacher was going to copy her notes for a student who is struggling with note taking. The other compliment was from her music teacher who invited Zoe to participate in a more advanced music class during recess on Fridays. There are only 3 students in this advanced class I believe, so Zoe felt quite honored that she was chosen to participate. I have noticed how well Zoe reads music and how she can teach herself how to play different instruments. It is quite impressive! Way to go, Zoe!

Okay, I think you are updated now and I can check off updating my blog from my to-do list. :-)

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Just wanted to let you know that we'll be in Boston on Sunday, Augusta on Monday, then to Bar Harbor and Acadia the rest of the week - or thereabouts. We're staying at Midlife Mom's cabin (her name is really Louise and we had breakfast with her last year). Where are you in relation to these places?

Kris said...

Hi Joey, thanks for taking the time to give such a great update! Eleanor, I love your artwork, it's bright and happy like you :) Those pictures of Kate at the museum are so cute too.

Mal said...

That picture of Noah on the motorcycle is AWESOME! I want it framed. And he's not even my kid.

Great pictures of the girls in soccer! Way to go, Emily and Zoe!

Janae said...

You guys have been busy:)
I have not been a good blogger/reader lately. I''m going to try and be better. Sounds like things there are going great! Fun pictures. Congrats To Zoe on her compliments. I do love Eleanor's art work. Good for you and Matt on your diets..one of these days I plan on getting going on mine;:/

Kerri said...

I love to read your updates. I need to blog again, but I have taken on extra commitments lately. I Love to hear and see how your kids are doing!
Love, Kerri