Saturday, September 11, 2010

Carrots and Soccer

I pulled up our first carrot out of the garden yesterday. We only have 3 growing. Emily planted the carrots, so she was very excited to see the carrot and to eat it. The report back was "YUM"! Zach and Kate enjoyed it, too.


Zoe is not only doing school soccer, but rec soccer as well. She had her first rec soccer game today. She scored 2 of the 3 goals. Yay Zoe! Zoe's team won by 1 goal. :-) I didn't take any pictures during the game, but I did get a picture of her practicing. I took the picture right before she made a practice goal.

The rec league is for 3rd-6th graders. Since Zoe is on the the school team, she doesn't have to practice with her rec team during the week. She only plays in the games on Saturdays. So, she will practice and have games during the week for the school team and then play a game on Saturdays for the rec league. The 6th graders have fun being the oldest and best in the rec league after being the "little guys" at the school practices.

2 comments:

Kris said...

That's a lot of soccer! Looks like great weather for it. I am jealous of your carrots! We have yet to successfully grow them (unless you count baby carrot size!!)

Mal said...

That is a lot of soccer! That's awesome! I wish I could play soccer that much.