Saturday, October 02, 2010

Foot Night

It was a rainy Friday yesterday, so I spent most of the day cleaning/organizing part of the kitchen. Notice the buckets beside Emily in this picture? I got rid of the buckets that were filled with art supplies, dish cloths, paper products, saran wrap, boxes of jambalaya, and miscellaneous treasures of Matt's...

and we now have these organizers which look so much better and are easier to get to.


I also got rid of Noah's blue chair, so he is using the wooden high chair that Kate was using and now Kate has been promoted to a big chair. Kate and Noah are both happy about that.

It was a morning at the soccer field today. Eleanor had practice at 9am. I brought Zoe, Emily, and Zach with me. Zoe and Emily wanted to stay at the field until their 11:30 game to watch the 10:15 game, so we did. Matt had Kate and Noah at home with him while he did some simplifying/organizing in the shed. I love it when Matt is in a simplifying/organizing mood! Between the 2 of us, we have been getting rid of bags and bags of stuff. YAY! Matt, Kate, and Noah came to the field at 11:30 to watch Zoe and Emily play. The game ended in a tie with Zoe scoring the only goal.

We went to my parents' house to watch General Conference. Conference had started an hour earlier, but my parents had recorded the session, so we started watching it from the beginning when we got to their house. That left us with an hour before the 2nd session when the 1st session ended. The kids did really well today. They usually do on Saturday. We had food out for everyone to munch on during the sessions and the kids colored and played with quiet toys.

When the 2nd session was over, Matt and my Dad left for the Priesthood potluck/Priesthood session and I left to meet up with friends who played the first round of The Game On Diet, plus a few more friends as well. We met at In Good Hands where we enjoyed foot massages and yummy food. We enjoyed talking and soaking our feet in hot water as we ate and waited for our massage. It was very relaxing and a lot of fun! My sweet mother made it possible for me to have this time with friends. What makes her even sweeter is that she is keeping the kids overnight. I am home alone right now! :-)

No comments: