Friday, September 03, 2010

Random Friday

Zoe, Emily, and Zach all had a great first day of school. The rest of the week has gone well for all them, including Eleanor. I am dropping them off and picking them up at school, which is a bit crazy, but doable.

When we planted our garden, Zoe planted the zucchini. She has watered the garden the most out of the children. She is VERY proud of her zucchini!

We are planning a zucchini casserole dinner with my parents on Sunday. :-)

I wanted to take Kate and Noah to the lake yesterday to take advantage of our few remaining hot days, but Kate wanted to go to the museum. We went to the museum. At least we tried to. We parked in the parking garage, walked around the block to the museum entrance in 90+ degree weather, only to find out that the museum is closed for cleaning. Great. I did the same thing last September! Kate and Noah were confused when we started to walk away from the museum instead of going inside. They handled it well and were happy to go to McDonald's for lunch instead.


I didn't eat any of the delicious smelling food. Noah kept trying to feed me a fry, but I just kept refusing. It was cute when he figured I wouldn't eat the fry because I didn't have any ketchup, so he offered me his ketchup. He finally gave up on me and ate the fry himself. So cute!

I did enjoy a lunch at Governor's with my mom, Kate, and Noah today. :-)



We discovered a frog "pond" in a sled yesterday.

There were 2 frogs, and Kate and Noah enjoyed trying to catch them. Eleanor wasn't fond of the tiny leeches (the kids assumed they were leeches) in the water, so she dumped the water out when she got home from school. Well, we HAD a frog "pond".

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm glad the first week of school went well! Kate and Noah look very happy - they are probably loving their private adventures while everyone else is away! :) When school was about to start, Savannah was talking about how glad she is that Finn will be at school now, so she won't have to hear about the fun stuff we did without her while she was at school.