Sunday, September 19, 2010

My awesome weekend

I had such a great weekend! Time Out For Women was awesome! I left there so uplifted, my cup was overflowing.



I knew listening to Hilary Weeks sing would be a treat, but I didn't realize that listening to her talk would be a treat as well. She had great stories to tell and she is so funny!


We listened to Jenny Oaks Baker play the violin Friday night and Virginia Hinckley Pearce spoke to us. She wasn't scheduled to be at our event, so that was a pleasant surprise. Sherri Dew was supposed to speak to us, but she couldn't make it. That was disappointing, but we did get to watch a video of her speaking to us.

On Saturday, we heard from Emily Watts, Hilary Weeks, S. Michael Wilcox, Mariama Kallon, Merrilee Boyack, and Mary Ellen Edmunds. Every talk was my favorite!

We ate some yummy food on our trip. We ate dinner on Friday at the Cheesecake Factory. SO YUMMY! I've always wanted to eat there, so that was a treat. We also ate at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant on our way home and that was super yummy, too!

October 2011, we head to Rochester, NY for Time Out For Women! That will be a 3 day trip, so we are planning and saving now. :-) But shhhh, don't tell my kids!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I'm so glad you got to go! That's great! That's a long drive but sounds like it was very worth it. Your hair looks really good too!!

Mal said...

I've never been to one. I didn't know they had all those speakers and musical pieces. I always thought it was just like a woman's conference you had to drive long distance to. That sounds like a lot of fun though. (Not the idea of it I had in my head, but the reality.)