Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Teddy Bear Picnic & Swimming

We went to the Teddy Bear Picnic at the library this morning (which is basically a story time that the kids bring a teddy bear to now). They used to feed the kids honeycomb cereal and apple juice in the library, but now the kids get animal crackers to go. There was a lady there today with a puppet named Lamb Chop. She was fun and very entertaining. The kids fell in love with Lamb Chop and were so amazed that she could talk! I haven't thought about "the real" Lamb Chop in years! The kids and I walked to the fountain on the waterfront after the stories were read, so the kids could eat their crackers and throw a penny into the fountain (which is Kate's favorite thing to do!).

We went swimming at the pool in the afternoon. The lifeguards had loud music playing, which is a first and hopefully is not going to become a habit. I enjoy the quiet at the pool! Noah posed for me, so I can show you that his tooth is coming back down. You can't see his tooth very well, but it's there!

2 comments:

Mal said...

Man, what a rip-off on the teddy bear picknic! (Picknic time for teddy bears!)

I LOVED Lamb Chop growing up. It was my favorite show!

Martie said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO CUTE!!