Thursday, August 19, 2010

Swimming & Soccer

Eleanor passed a swim test today at the pool during free swim, so now she can swim in the deep end by herself. She is so excited! I knew she would pass the test because she is a good swimmer and she swims in the deep end all the time during swim lessons.

The kids and I went over to the soccer field this evening, so Zoe and Emily could play soccer with other members of the community. This fun summer soccer program is for people ages 7-70 and it is free. There is a game every Tuesday and Thursday evening. I wanted to take the girls to play last summer and then all this summer, but the game is right at dinner time and right when I've had enough of the day and just want to stay home. I knew tonight was the last game for the summer, so it was go tonight or wait until next summer. Zoe enjoyed it more than Emily did. Emily and Eleanor actually went one time this summer with friends, but Zoe had never been before. Eleanor had no interest in playing tonight and Emily started the game, but didn't last until the end. I've heard that sometimes they have enough kids to have a kid only game, but that didn't happen this evening. It was mostly adults there. Zoe played until the end and scored a goal near the end! Way to go, Zoe!

We had swim lessons this morning and then we left the house at 1pm to swim and play soccer, so I am EXHAUSTED! Did I mention that we stopped at the pool again on our way home for a quick swim? The kids and I were so tired this evening when we got home. Some of the kids were begging us to let them go to bed before we even had dinner. I think we will all sleep good tonight.

No comments: