Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bring on the visitors

Our average attendance at church during the summer is 55. There were 150 people at church today! The Millis family blessed their baby girl, so they had a lot of family visiting. A few other members had family visiting and then we had our normal vacationers.

I ended up in the primary room during Sacrament meeting with Kate and Noah as I usually do. Noah kept getting into the diaper bag and getting out the camera, so I took a picture of him and Kate.

Then Kate took pictures with the camera. Here are a few of the many pictures she took. She got her fingers in the pictures at first, but then she kept them out of the way after I showed her where to put them.


She had fun taking extreme closeups.

Then she captured some views from a distance.

I tried to listen to the talks while Kate snapped away and Noah played with the treasures he found in the side pocket of the diaper bag.


We had around 30 children in primary today, which doubled our normal attendance. Getting all of the children to their classes after Sacrament meeting and finding a nursery helper was a bit crazy!

Guess who was in charge of Sharing Time with the children today. That's right, me. Fortunately, what I had planned adapted well to a large group. I invited Tiffany, my Mom, Matt, and Sunshine to participate in this activity that I got from our Primary outline.

Invite some ward members to come to Primary and briefly tell the following stories as though they were witnesses to the events: the raising of Lazarus (John 11:1–45); the raising of Jairus’s daughter (Mark 5:21–24, 35–43); the raising of the widow’s son (Luke 7:11–16); and the Resurrection (John 20:1–18). The ward members could wear simple costumes, such as a head scarf or robe. Encourage them to testify that Jesus Christ has power over death and that each of us will be resurrected.

The kids did a great job listening and Tiffany, my Mom, Matt, and Sunshine did an awesome job telling their stories. After the stories, the kids each made a resurrection slide show. I had my Mom make 10 extra copies for the large group, no problem. They enjoyed coloring, cutting, and showing off their slide shows, which told the story of Christ's resurrection. We had closing exercises during which Zoe gave a great talk. :-) Then our church day was done. What a day it was!

1 comment:

Mal said...

Holy cow! Does our chapel HOLD 150?