Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Noah's burn update

I took Noah to the Walk-In Care for his follow up visit this morning. His hand is healing, but it looks so sore and disgusting!


Notice Noah's hat. He LOVES this hat. He's my first 2 year old who actually likes to wear a hat.

Noah was very good for the nurse today. She said he was her best patient ever. He has been very mellow and calm with all of the nurses and doctors for both his injuries. Several people commented on his awesome sling. He is quite the attraction these days.

Noah's bandage has to be changed every 2 days, so he has an appointment with our family doctor on Thursday. I'm figuring that I can change the bandage after that and follow up when it looks healed. I have no desire to spend every other day at the doctor's office and I don't think it is necessary.

Matt has been in a land clearing mood lately. He got home from work early and went outside to clear some more. All of the kids went outside with him, except for Noah. Noah wanted to go outside, but I insisted he stay inside with me. Matt has been very productive and it shows. He has been working on the area beyond our kitchen. Just picture a lot of trees and weeds in the cleared areas for the before pictures.




He has done a lot of work! It's so nice to be able to walk around this end of the house now without weaving through a huge mess of trees and weeds. :-)

3 comments:

Kris said...

I'm glad Noah's hand is healing and he's being such a trooper through it all! I really am impressed with Matt's sling creation (and land clearing!)

Gabriela said...

:( I'm so sorry to read about Noah's injuries!

I hope he feels better soon.

Dawn said...

Ooo, those are big blisters! I'm glad he's so mellow - it could be so much worse for all of you!

Nice work on the yard!