Monday, August 30, 2010

Last days of summer vacation

Matt and I had a nice day at the temple Saturday and the kids had a great time with my parents. :-)

The kids and I spent a few hours this afternoon at Alamoosook Lake. The weather for the past 3 days has been hot and beautiful, so the water was enjoyable for this time of year. I didn't snap any pictures of the kids while they were swimming, but I took a few when we were getting ready to leave.






Zach starts Kindergarten on Wednesday! We went to his Open House this evening, so Zach met his teacher, Mrs. Pelletier (all of our children have had her so far for Kindergarten :-) and he spent some time in his classroom. When Zach was introducing himself to another boy in his class and explaining that they would be in Kindergarten together it hit me...Zach is going to Kindergarten! I tear up whenever I think about it now.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hard to believe for sure. We've watched these kids grow up here in blogland, haven't we?

Care Bear really took off with swimming this year - she's like a little mermaid in the water.

Kris said...

What a great way to spend one of the last summer days. Everyone looks so happy!

Finn starts kindergarten on Wednesday too. He is so excited!! This is random but I am wondering, how do you pronounce Pelletier?

Matt said...

Hi Kris,
In Maine it is pronounced pell-uh-tear. The accent may go on the last syllable, but they sound about evenly accented to me. Here's some more common Maine names: Theibeault= TEA-bo; Gagnon is either Gag-non or guy-OWN, and Sirois, which could be sear-OIS or Sear-Way. The last one is funny, because there are quite a few people who spell their last name Searway in Maine too.