Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Out and About

The kids and I left home this morning at 9:20 and arrived back home at 4:50pm. It was a non-stop fun day! Zoe and Emily went over to Sunshine's house to finish sewing their pajama bottoms, and Zach went with them to play with Kai and Koa. I took Eleanor, Kate, and Noah to a newly built playground in Ellsworth, which is awesome!

This was Kate's favorite spot.


This was Eleanor's bed while they played house.
Noah was hesitant about going down some of the slides. He went down this slide very slowly and whined the entire way.


After spending 2 hours at the playground, we picked up Zoe and Emily (with their finished pajama bottoms, yay!), and Zach and went to McDonald's for lunch. I have to write about our trips to McDonald's, so I have proof when my kids complain that we NEVER go there. :-) After refueling, we went school shopping! We went to Goodwill for clothes. All of the kids have their first day of school outfits now. Hooray! Then we went to Walmart for sneakers/shoes and other necessities. Zach was determined to get sunglasses and since he already owns a nice pair of sneakers, I let him get a pair. Kate got a pair too, since she reminded us that hers went down the toilet. It was funny how vividly she remembered the experience.

By the time we got home from shopping, I was ready for my night out, but first I had to pick up Caitlin and bring Zoe and Caitlin to soccer practice. Caitlin's mom, Jen picked them up from practice and brought them home. That was super helpful because Matt would have had to bring all the kids to pick Zoe up, since I was at the $1 theater with my parents and grandmother watching "Eclipse". Fun!

1 comment:

Janae said...

This playground looks very awesome! I loved Eleanor's bed:)
I hope all works out for the soccer team! That would be a fun way for Zoe to get to play. Hope the ear is feeling better. We are dealing with an ear problem tonight.