Monday, August 09, 2010

Mystery Solved

Noah had his first dentist appointment today.

I wanted our dentist to take a look at the area where Noah lost his tooth to make sure it was still healthy and well. Brad (Brad is a few years younger than me and we grew up going to the same church, so it feels more natural to call him Brad than Dr. Rand) looked at the area and took an x-ray. As he was looking at the x-ray he said, "Well, I found the missing tooth." Noah didn't knock his tooth out, he knocked it up into his gums. OUCH! Brad said that when a tooth goes missing like Noah's did, they look at the lip and the gums. He said Noah's tooth will grow back in by itself. That was good news! It was also good news that the permanent tooth didn't get damaged when the baby tooth went into the gums. It was sad to think that Noah would go around without a tooth until the permanent tooth came in, so I'm looking forward to his baby tooth coming in again. Matt is skeptical that Noah's tooth will grow back in. Noah was running this evening and fell once again, and I think he knocked his tooth up into his gum even further than before. Noah is really stressing me out with all of his tumbles and injuries!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I am so curious if and when the tooth will come back in. That would be awesome, I hope it does and soon. Noah looks so cute in the big chair - that sling is the best!

MJ said...

Haha! I just commented this morning that that's what my brother did!

Not that it's funny at ALL that he pushed it back into his gums, and I'm really happy he didn't damage his permanent tooth.

On the bright side, my brother is pretty tough--he was stabbed on his mission, and because he was so cool about it, (he wasn't hurt, btw, they got the back of his arm), they didn't end up closing down that part of the mission.

And he's got an awesome story to go with the scar.

Wait, that's probably not comforting, is it.

I'll shut up now. But I'm glad he's doing better. He is an adorable little guy.