Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tomorrow is a new day

No more rainy days are allowed during our summer vacation! We have had a long, rainy at-home movie day and I don't plan to repeat it any time soon. I think someone was either fighting or crying every single minute of this day. I am exhausted!

Matt went to help clean the chapel this evening. Now that Jerry & Judy Booth have moved away, we realize all they did to keep our building looking spotless and so nice. They were the custodians for our building, but they will not be replaced, so now the members of our branch are taking on the job. Matt is also loading canoes and gear this evening for MAN vs. RIVER, which starts tomorrow morning at 6am. I think there are 8 brethren, including Matt going to conquer the St. Croix River. They'll be back sometime Saturday evening. Hopefully. :-)

When I looked out the kitchen window this morning to check on our hummingbird feeder, I saw that not only was the hummingbird feeder gone, but the entire branch it was on was gone! Luckily, Matt found my feeder before he left for work. I suspect a bear, Matt suspects a raccoon. Whatever it is, I really wish it would leave my hummingbird food alone!

2 comments:

Matt said...

I swear a solemn vow that whatever it was that took out your bird feeder, be it bear or beast, it will not live to see the ides of July, uh, unless I can't shoot it, or get tired of waiting for it to come back. I love you!

mindyluwho said...

This has been the weirdest year here in CA. Usually we have no rain after the middle of May, but this year it rained in the month of June, which is unheard of!