Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home alone with the monkeys

Matt is working late tonight, which he hasn't done in a long time. I haven't been alone with the kids in the evening for a long time. Except last night when Matt went canoeing with the young men and several other men from church down Blue Hill Falls. During softball season, Matt was the one to stay home with the kids a lot, so I'm glad he was able to get out and do something fun last night, and he is able to get some things done at work tonight that he needs to. It's just weird being here without him.

Noah has found something new to climb on. He used the potty chair as a step to get up on the laundry basket.

Noah loves to climb and then call for me to get him down.


The kids and I went outside this evening to do some weeding in the garden. Kate was so excited that "her" corn is starting to grow! Zoe is looking forward to zucchini casserole, so she was happy to see the 2 zucchini plants poking out of the ground. We have tons of lettuce growing, so I thinned those plants. Matt is working on putting a fence around the garden. Hopefully, our garden will survive big and little critters this year...and that includes Noah!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

He is getting so big! I am way behind - love the story reading time - the kids are in the summer reading program and I try to be sure they all read when they're at my house. I can't control the time at their house! They've always had the habit of a "nigh-night show" which I never liked. So now they read in bed here. The littles are enjoying books now too.

Will Zoe get paid for this babysitting? Sounds good!