Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Girl

I took Emily out for one on one time this evening. She had her 9 year picture taken, we ate dinner at Friendly's (can you tell that I love to eat out?), and we went shopping. When we were leaving Goodwill where Emily found a necklace and a pair of earrings for just $.98 she said, "Goodwill is awesome!". Yes it is.

My mom and I went visiting teaching this morning to see Tasha. Tasha lives on Deer Isle, which is about 45 minutes away from where we live. It is rare that we go see her due to finances or scheduling, so my mom and I feel good when we do get out to see her. My mom and I enjoy the time we have to talk to each other on the way there and back and we always have fun talking with Tasha. She was put on my visiting teaching list I think because she is around my age and she has 3 young children and we always enjoy visiting together, but the distance makes it hard to visit regularly. We keep trying though!

I finished weeding behind the trailer today! I took before and after pictures from 2 different angles this time.
Before...

After...

Before...

After...


Noah put shoes on himself this morning to go outside.


Zach wanted to pose for a picture with Kate, but Kate was upset, so Zach settled for Noah.


Zach got his hair cut this afternoon.


It is tick central around here this year! We find a tick on someone, whether it is just crawling on them or stuck in them, about every other day. Matt found a tick in Noah's shoulder this evening. I found a tick on Kate's head the other day that was all blown up and disgusting. In the hair is a great place for a tick to hide.

Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor are spending the night at my parents' house tonight. I dropped Emily off after our time together. I borrowed my mom's car to get around tonight because the Yukon has been in the shop today. It had about 4 different belts that needed to be replaced. I'm glad the squeaky noise is gone now. I was getting tired of people looking at me to see who was driving the noisy car. The Yukon is fixed and back home again. :-)

2 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my goodness, those are some serious weeds!! Great work! and Zach looks so handsome with his haircut - he is looking grown up!

Mal said...

Your kids are growing way too quickly. Whenever I see pictures of your boys I think, "WHAT?! How can that be?"