Friday, June 11, 2010

Productive Friday

Today was a very productive day. My goal was to get outside and get some weeding done. Before I went outside, I started and finished a different project that was not on my to-do list. I took all of the portrait pictures out of the frames that I recently took off the wall, put the pictures in a spot to put in an album when I have an album, and I put the frames in bags to bring to goodwill. It felt good to get this done since it has been on my mind since I took the frames down.

Now, back to weeding. Our land is one big weed, but I focused on behind the trailer. I bought sunflower seeds when we bought seeds for our garden, so I started weeding behind the trailer on Memorial Day to plant the seeds there. I haven't been back outside to finish the weeding since then. This was another project that has been on my mind. Today was a beautiful, sunny day, so we went outside and enjoyed it. The weeding was mostly done where I wanted to plant, so I put down the top soil and then Zach and Kate helped plant the sunflower seeds. I also planted the 3 remaining tomato plants that didn't fit in the garden. The kids and I took a break after planting to have a picnic and have swinging time. Then I did some more weeding along the trailer. Weeding is enjoyable to me because I love seeing how nice the ground looks when it is weed free. I also love it when the weeds come up root and all. It is so annoying though when just the tops break off. So weeding becomes a game of how many weeds I can get up with the roots.

I don't have a before picture, but here is a picture of my hard work. Trust me, it looks so much better than it did!



I disturbed many bugs today. I tried to show Kate a grasshopper, but it hopped into the grass before she got a good look at it. Kate wanted to stomp on a huge beetle (with her bare feet), but I convinced her to let it be.

Eleanor had a reading campout in her class today to celebrate the reading progress made this year. She wore pajamas to school, which is why she is in her pajamas in the pictures I just posted. She went to the park in her pajamas because I forgot she wore them to school and we went to the park after school. She didn't mind.

It was an easy day at the park for me. All of the kids played together with other kids and they were content to play and have me watch. It was nice!

Zoe graduated from Starbase today. She has been going there all week with her class. Zoe has a love for science, just like Matt does, so she enjoyed her experience at Starbase. They made rockets today and they launched them after the graduation ceremony.

Matt and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner tonight. It's so great to be in the habit of datenight again! After dinner, I was on my own for datenight, though because Matt needed to get back to work. Being on my own gave me an opportunity to go to goodwill and look around without feeling rushed. I enjoyed it! I was hoping to find a shirt to go with a skirt I have to wear to church, but I ended up buying a casual shirt.

No comments: