Saturday, May 01, 2010

My goal for May

To the Mothers in Zion
President Ezra Taft Benson Fireside for Parents
22 February 1987

Third, mothers, take time to read to your children. Starting from the cradle, read to your sons and daughters. Remember what the poet said, "You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be--I had a mother who read to me" (Strickland Gillilan, "The Reading Mother"). You will plant a love for good literature and a real love for the scriptures if you will read to your children regularly.

I love one on one reading time with my children. I'm excited to focus on reading with my children this month. It doesn't happen as often as it should!

3 comments:

Janae said...

That is a wonderful quote...and a great goal:) one I am always trying to improve on!

Kris said...

That is a good one, I love reading too. I also like the monthly goals, so good to focus on one thing at a time.

I hope Emily had a very happy birthday today!!!

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing that. I love one on one reading, too! I might have to make that my goal for May, too! What a great idea.