Thursday, May 06, 2010

Caught in the rain

This is the first evening this week that the kids have made it into their room on time at 7pm to settle in for the night. They don't have to go to sleep right off, but they have to stay in their room. Matt just left to go fishing. I am debating whether to stay on the computer after I blog, count boxtops, or get settled into my room and read. I could do a little of all 3.

It was a rainy day today, but it started to clear up right before the younger kids and I left to get the girls from school. I grabbed a towel and decided that we would stop at the park before coming home. Just seconds after I wiped off some slides and swings for the kids to use, it started to POUR! Noah was at the top of a slide and he burst into tears as he got drenched. Zoe rescued Noah as I got Kate into the Yukon.

Zoe and Emily didn't mind the rain at all. Eleanor, Zach, and Kate joined Zoe and Emily again after the rain let up. Noah was content to play in the Yukon.

We came home and changed into our warm, comfy pajamas. What a difference! When you spend time in super soaked clothes, you appreciate the dry, comfy clothes so much more than usual.

I took Zach to his Kindergarten screening yesterday. He loved every minute of it. He is so ready for school! He would have started the day after he turned 5 if we had let him.


I am having so much fun coaching softball! I have really lucked out with great girls and great assistant coaches. Before we started the season, I had my doubts about coaching and I wondered how I was ever going to make it through the season. I figured that when June came around, I would be so happy to be done with the month of May and softball. That is not going to be the case at all. I have softball fever! I hate it when we have 2 days in between games! Now I fear that this month is going to fly by and then I'll have to wait a whole nother year before softball starts again. *sigh*

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

That's so cool you're enjoying softball so much. I bet you're a super fun coach. What a great activity to do with your girls.

Kris said...

such cute pictures, kate in the car and zach at school... and that is great that you love softball so much!