Monday, May 10, 2010

The Sabbath Day

I am no longer the Adult Sunday School teacher as of yesterday. The release came at a perfect time since I was not looking forward to preparing a Sunday School lesson AND a Sharing Time lesson for the kids this week.

I started something new yesterday. I am having one on one time with each child on Sunday to read from the Friend magazine or work on the Faith in God program, or to just talk and be together. Noah wasn't a big fan of having mommy shut in her room without him, but I think the other children enjoyed the one on one time. It was a productive time for the older girls (Zoe completed a goal, Emily wrote a thank you card and worked on a goal, and Eleanor planned her FHE lesson). I think this one on one time will help the time at home on Sundays go by faster and it will strengthen our relationships. :-)

3 comments:

Mal said...

I don't remember having very many one on one moments with my parents, but those I did have I remember really well. I think it's a great idea!

Janae said...

Such a great idea Joey! I find it especially hard of late to find that one on one time. I might have to borrow this idea:)
We watched one of your favorite movies for FHE last night. Wild Hearts...Vivien declared it the BEST MOVIE EVER!!

Kris said...

That is a great idea, you are very good at setting goals - that's great!