Saturday, May 29, 2010

Softball Fever

The championship game was today for our softball league. Emery's beat the Rosens! That is big! Rosens was expected to win, but they lost by 1 run. What a game! We had the award ceremony after the game, so I was able to give out medals to the girls on my team. We had a little pizza party after the award ceremony, which gave the girls from all 3 teams an opportunity to be together. Then some of the girls started playing together on the field. I had to drag Zoe and Emily off the field when it was time to go. I'm glad the girls from all of the teams get along well and can have fun together when the games are over.

When we got home, the softball playing continued. Zoe and Emily came into the house for a different ball because their younger siblings had taken over the ball they were using. This scene was so cute, I had to take a picture!

Then Zoe wanted me to take a picture of her pitching to Emily. Zoe now has Emily training to be her catcher.


We have been watching a bit of college softball on the internet the past few days. Zoe is so impressed with how fast the ball is pitched in these games. She wants to be able to pitch like that. Practice, practice, practice!

Here is a picture that has nothing to do with softball, but I want to start posting pictures of the artwork Emily and Eleanor brought home from school. This is Emily's sea turtle.

1 comment:

ML said...

Congratulations! And I love the sea turtle!