Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beautifying our home

I have simplified our wall of pictures. My original idea of having a picture of each kid at every age on the wall was getting overwhelming, costly, and a pain to keep clean.

Before...

(I took this picture when I was making room for new pictures...pictures that never made it up on the wall)

After...

It is so nice to have the most recent pictures up on the wall now. It looks so much better and it will be so much easier to keep clean. I may have to keep Noah's 1 year picture up forever, though because it is just so cute!

We had a softball practice this afternoon. It was so nice to see the girls smiling and happy again. I am more optimistic now that we will all be giving it our best to beat the Rosens tomorrow night! This was the first practice that I've had to bring the younger kids with me and they did really well.

After practice, Matt and I took Emily and Eleanor to portfolio night at their school. My mom watched the other kids for us. Now I need to go through all the artwork and papers that came home. I'll take pictures of the artwork at some point and post them. All of our girls are still doing great in school. 12.5 school days left until summer vacation.

3 comments:

Kris said...

That looks great Joey! I always loved the idea of having all the ages up - but you're right, it looks a lot more simple/peaceful the new way, and easy to clean is always good!

Mal said...

I know what you mean--something sounds good in theory, and sweet and sentimental, but try keeping it that way when you have TONS of pictures. You just feel cluttered. Are you going to keep taking pictures every year though?

Noah is a pretty cute kid!

Unknown said...

Yes, I will keep getting their pictures taken every year.