Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slow down, Noah!

When Zach was looking through a book this morning he said, "I can't wait until I can read!" His sisters' love of reading is a great example to him.

Zach, Kate, Noah, and I went to Storytime this morning. We were the only ones there today. Zach was in a talkative mood when we arrived, so he spent the first 5 minutes talking. He kept saying he had a question and then he would tell Mrs. Spooner something. Kate and Zach took turns sitting in the rocking chair throughout storytime. I was a bit surprised at how well they shared the chair. Noah slept the entire time, which was nice.

Speaking of Noah, he has learned something new today.

I first noticed him like this on Eleanor's chair. I did a double take because I wasn't expecting to see him like that! I also saw him crawl this afternoon, but he still prefers to plop down on his belly to move forward.

Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor had a half day of school today. They have gone to school 1 full day since February 12th! It's no wonder they are still in school the middle of June!

I didn't have to do the dishes this evening thanks to Zoe and Emily. They cannot be in the bathroom together when it's time to get ready for bed without getting into trouble. I could hear them fooling around and then Zoe came out to show me her soaked shirt, which of course was Emily's fault. I skipped the 4 strikes and went straight to "You both are doing dishes this evening". I had them pick from 2 pieces of paper that said "Put away" and "Wash". Emily put away the dishes and Zoe washed them. So, Matt will come home to a clean kitchen later. :-)

The kids (mostly Emily) picked up the living room and their bedroom, so they were able to watch "The Brady Bunch" before going to bed. I think Zach was a bit bored, but the girls enjoyed it. I usually let all of the kids stay up until 8:00 when Matt is coming home late, which is what they did this evening.

8 comments:

Kris said...

That is such a cute picture of Noah. He really is growing up fast!

Cindy said...

That is a great picture. What a cutie!

Dawn said...

He has lots of good role models for growing up!

Love the consequences your kids have to live with.

HeatherT said...

That is a lot of time off in February. I would be ready for my kids to go back to school!

Gabriela said...

Awwww, he is so cute. I can't believe he is already at that stage. It goes so fast.

Dawn said...

I told Kristen about you wanting a new header and she said to e-mail her and she'll try to help you -

kpederson33@comcast.net

Phae-Jae said...

He is soooo cute!
I think one of mine walked instead of crawling.

Martie said...

Just look at that adorable sweetie punkin! I LOVE his cute, chubby cheeks!

Martie