Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Words of wisdom from a 4 year old

Emily found a tiny spider this morning, so tiny an ant would think it was just a snack. She put it in a container and wanted to find some leaves and rocks to help the spider feel at home. She gave the spider to me and said, "I need you to hold the spider for a minute, but don't put him in Zach's cereal because spiders don't like that!"

While putting lotion on Zach, a very concerned Emily informed me..."Don't get it in his eyes, Mama. Because one time daddy was putting lotion on me and he got it in my eyes and I cried."

I'm still laughing over this one...
Emily: "Mama, do you want to hear the song that's in my head?"
Me: "Yup"
She comes over to me like she's going to whisper in my ear, but instead she puts her head close to my head...and waits. After I realize what's she's doing, I laugh.
Emily: "What?"
Me: "You have to sing it to me"
Emily: "Why?"
Me: "Because I can't hear what's in your head."
Emily: "Oh" Then she laughs


5:30pm Starting dinner

5:40pm Dinner is served

No comments: