Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Influenza

Eleanor started feeling sick on Sunday. Emily started to feel sick Monday night. Now, I am sick along with Zoe and Kate. Noah has had a slight fever and complained yesterday that his stomach hurt, but it didn't slow him down. One good thing is that we haven't dealt with any vomiting, just aches, coughs, and runny noses. I slept all evening, so now at 1:31 AM, I am wide awake. My head hurts and I feel like crap, but I figured I would do something productive instead of laying in bed wishing that I was asleep. Matt took care of the kids during the evening and due to another snow storm, he will be home tomorrow (which is actually today). I am grateful for his willingness to take over when I am sick! I am hoping for a snow day for the kids, so they can have a day of rest without missing school. This is especially true for Zoe who really wants to achieve perfect attendance this year.

Totally engrossed in "Open Season".
Who says princesses don't wear flip flops?
Zoe did Kate's hair while watching the movie.
It's fun to have a big sister who is so talented!



Eleanor went to a birthday party at the Alamo Movie Theater on Saturday. They ate cake and watched the birthday girl open presents in the lobby. Then they went into the theater to watch "Open Season 3" (which is why we watched the 1st movie the night before). All of the kids received a bag of candy, a bag of popcorn, and a drink. Talk about a fun party! Now I want to see "Open Season 2".

Noah's fashion statement.

His latest idea is to dress up in his snow pants, coat, boots, hat and mittens and wear them around the house. I discourage this, but he insists and doesn't give up until he is fully covered.

2 comments:

Martie said...

Oh, you poor thing. I am glad you have been blessed with a husband who is willing to help you out. Get well soon and try to rest!

Kris said...

I'm sorry you are sick! I hope everyone is better soon and you got that snow day. Way to look on the bright side... no vomiting IS good :)