Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eventful Evenings

We have had something going on every night this week, including Monday. Zoe had her last home game this past Monday after school. I was planning on going with all of the kids, but Emily wasn't feeling well after school, so we didn't make it to the game. Matt, my Mom, my Grandmother, and Victoria made it to the game, though. Mom came over after the game to watch the kids, so I could go to Zoe's banquet with Matt. The girls each received a certificate and a pin and then they were treated to pizza and cake. That was supposed to be the end of the season, but due to snow, they have their last game on the 31st in Old Town.

Tuesday night, my Mom, my Grandmother, Rachael, and I went to the Relief Society activity. It was so much fun! Tiffany, Jessica, Anne, Rachael, Roxanne, my Grandmother, my Mom, Brittain and I played "Would You Rather". What a hoot! We munched on snacks and laughed and laughed and laughed. It was worth the trip to Ellsworth.

I had an interesting experience after the activity when my Mom dropped me off at our local grocery store where my Yukon was parked. I went into the grocery store to pick up a few things before heading home. As I was walking out to the Yukon, I checked my coat pocket for my keys, but didn't feel them. I then had the thought that they were in the diaper bag, in the Yukon, and I was glad that I didn't lock the Yukon because I would have locked my keys in. Then I immediately realized that I had left the diaper bag in my Mom's car. DANG! I had half a minute left on my phone. I sat in the Yukon and watched the plow truck work around me. I saw the driver talking on his cell phone as I thought about what to do. Let me add that it was 5 degrees outside and very cold in the Yukon! The driver of the plow truck signaled for me to roll down my window since I was in the way of his plowing. I got out of the Yukon and he asked if I would move the Yukon. I told him my dilemma and asked him if he had a cell phone that I could use...which I saw him using. He let me use his phone and I was so glad my Dad answered the phone ( I wasn't sure if he would be home from work yet). My Mom was just pulling into their driveway when I called, so they drove back to the grocery store to bring me my bag that I had forgotten when I was getting my stuff out of my Mom's car. I am grateful that the plow guy was there and that he had a phone for me to use and I was grateful that my Dad answered the phone and my parents were able to get back to me quickly. I was also happy when I got the Yukon started and knew I would warm up soon!

Last night, Zoe, Emily, and I went back to Ellsworth for Cub Scouts and Activity Days. Since being asked to help out with Cub Scouts about a month ago, I have yet to plan and carry out an activity with the boys. The weather kept several of the meetings from happening and last night was a field trip to the police station. I didn't make it through the tour last night because the officer got called away and by the time she got back, it was time for me to take Zoe and Emily over to the church for their activity. There were 2 boys in my group there at the police station for the tour and both of them had a parent with them, so I left the parents in charge.

I finally put up our new Primary bulletin board border last night that I printed off last month and meant to have up before the new year. Now I need to come up with something for inside the border.

I was offered a free oreo McFlurry last night when I went through the drive-thru of McDonald's. Zoe and Emily enjoyed that unexpected treat!

Zoe had her band/chorus concert tonight, so we all went. My Mom, Dad, Grandmother, and Victoria went, too.

Zoe is already showing signs of being a gifted musician. She is seriously thinking about being a music teacher when she grows up. We are proud of you, Zoe!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Those are a lot of eventful evenings! I've been watching the weather and you guys have had so much snow and cold! I am kind of jealous... kind of not :) I hope everyone is healthy and you have a great weekend!