Monday, February 21, 2011

February Vacation

The kids have this week off from school. We have a week full of activities planned to keep everyone busy and happy. We went to the Children's Museum today. The kids played for a half hour on each floor (there are 3 floors) and then we went into the Art Room for finger and feet painting! I love going to the museum for messy art projects. :-) The kids had a great time painting and now their masterpieces hang along the wall of our hall. They also made yarn dolls and ninja dolls.


The kids spent a few hours this afternoon with Matt while I met up with Aimee and Mere for a walk around town and then hot drinks at Dunkin Donuts. The kids had different activities that they were going to take turns doing while I was gone. One of the activities was the wii, but somehow 2 discs got jammed into the wii, so it is now temporarily out of service. I blame Noah. Another activity was playing the keyboard that I just dug out of the closet yesterday.

When the cord to the keyboard stopped working years ago, I put the keyboard away in the closet. I have thought about getting it out and putting batteries in it, but I never did and it continued to sit in the closet. The kids are always expressing interest in learning how to play the piano, so I'm not sure why it took me so long to get the keyboard out. We were all happy when the keyboard turned on and the kids took turns using it. Zoe labeled the keys and we labeled the notes to the song "I Am a Child of God" in the Hymns Made Easy book. Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor are getting pretty good at playing the song. Eleanor played the song for us this evening while we sang it for FHE. It wasn't perfect, but I was impressed at how well she played the beginning of the song. I'm glad the kids are learning a skill that will be used throughout their lives. It's fun to have music in our home that the children are producing. :-)

No comments: