Thursday, February 24, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

From now on, when one of my children says that his/her stomach hurts, I will make them carry the throw up bucket around with them until they throw up or convince me that they are fine and they are not going to throw up. This morning, I scrambled to get the throw up bucket out as Zach threw up all over the rug. I managed to get the throw up bucket out in time for the last heave, which really wasn't very helpful.

This happened as I was rushing the kids out the door for dentist appointments. Kate had her 1st appointment today and she did very well. :-) As I was driving to the dentist, I thought about how eventful my life is and how I am rarely bored. The quiet, ho-hum moments are quite enjoyable and welcomed!

Zach felt good the rest of the day (he took a nap in the afternoon, though which is not typical). We were going to go to the Bangor Library for a "Be Dog Safe" class, but we stayed home instead. This allowed me to get some laundry done, which was good. We watched a few movies and the kids took turns on the computer. We watched "Secretariat", which I have been wanting to see and I thought it was very good. The kids didn't want to watch it, but they watched it anyway and they ended up liking it.

Matt went out with the missionaries this evening, so it has been a long day at home for me. Zoe, Emily, and I played Phase 10 Twist before dinnertime and before the kids went totally wild. I am grateful for the peace and quiet I am now enjoying!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I crave a little boredom. Never seems to happen!

I hope the kids enjoyed the goofy questions from my last post.